KARATARA RIVER WEIR PROJECT ACHIEVED SECOND PLACE FOR THE SOUTH AFRICAN INSTITUTE OF CIVIL ENGINEERING (SAICE) 2014 ENVIRONMENTAL DIVISION AWARDS
Cape Environmental Assessment Practitioners (Pty) Ltd (Cape EAPrac) was established in March 2008 by Directors Doug Jeffery and Louise-Mari van Zyl. The full time professional team includes: Dale Holder (Practitioner / GIS / ECO), Melissa Mackay (Practitioner / GIS / ECO), Siân Davies (Practitioner / Environmental Education), Wynand Loftus (Practitioner) and Carin Naude (Business Administrator).
The firm implements legislation under the National Environmental Management Act (NEMA), National Environmental Management: Waste Act (NEM:WA) and the National Environmental Management: Air Quality Act (NEM:AQA).
Our main services include:
- Public Participation & Stakeholder Engagement
- GIS & Mapping
- Biophysical Inventories
- Retrospective Damage Assessment (Section 24G)
- Air Quality License Applications (AELs)
- Waste Management License Applications (Waste Licenses)
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- Environmental Management Policies and Plans
- Environmental Control, Monitoring and Auditing
- Environmental Awareness and Training Programs
- Environmental Education and Interpretation
- Environmental Feasibility Assessments
PROJECT EXPERIENCE INCLUDES
Renewable Energy projects (Wind & Solar);
Waste Management License applications for Waste Disposal Sites, Sewerage Plants & Abattoirs;
Waste-to-Energy projects including Biogas Facilities;
Filling Stations and depots;
Air Emissions processes for Sawmills, Brick Works & Processing Plants;
ECO responsibilities on Private and State housing projects, Provincial Roads & Municipal infrastructure;
Private, Provincial and Municipal applications for development of infrastructure, housing & commercial components.